Tropical Storm Eta has maintained its intensity in the last few hours, and is bringing heavy rains to southeastern Florida.
Eta is now located at 24.6 degrees north, 80.5 degrees west, at about 40 miles east of Marathon, Florida, and 80 miles of Key West, Florida. Maximum sustained winds are at 65mph and a minimum pressure of 993 millibars. The storm is moving northwest at 14mph, and is forecast to recurve northeast towards Florida, intensifying into a hurricane at some point. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 310 miles from the center of this storm, and the storm is currently bringing heavy rains towards southeastern Florida.
The warnings issued by the National Hurricane Center are as follows:
- A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for: the Florida Keys from Ocean Reef to the Dry Tortugas, including Florida Bay
- A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for: the Florida coast from Bonita Beach to Card Sound Bridge
- A Hurricane Warning is in effect for: the Florida Keys from Ocean Reef to the Dry Tortugas, including Florida Bay
- A Hurricane Watch is in effect for: the Florida coast from Golden Beach to Bonita Beach
- A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for: the northwestern Bahamas, including the Abacos, Andros Island, Berry Islands, Bimini, Eleuthera, Grand Bahama Island, and New Providence,
- the Florida coast from Brevard/Volusia County line to Englewood, and
- Lake Okeechobee
- A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for: the Cuban provinces of La Habana, Artemisa, Mayabeque, Pinar del Rio, and the Isle of Youth, and
- the Florida coast from north of Englewood to Anna Maria Island.
Concurrently, a Flash Flood Warning is in effect for the Central Miami-Dade County (until 2am EST), Broward and Southeastern Palm Beach counties (until 11:45pm EST), a Flood Warning for Southern Broward, Northern Miami-Dade, and Southeastern Palm Beach counties (until 12:45am EST), and a Coastal Flood Advisory for Coastal Palm Beach, Coastal Broward and Coastal Miami-Dade counties (until 1am EST Tuesday), all in southeastern Florida. Stay tuned for updates.